CLM8: the genius of the LAUMAS family
CLM8 is the intelligent, multifaceted and versatile junction box.
It has many strengths, which allow it to fulfill every wish:
- automatic and detailed diagnostics of each single load cell and immediate fault warning;
- analysis of the distribution of the load on the 8 channels with saving to archive: storage, consultation, printout;
- digital equalization to standardize the response of the connected load cells avoiding the use of junction boxes with trimmers;
- RS232/RS485 (ModBus RTU) or Ethernet TCP/IP outputs;
- archive of the last 50 significant events (zero-setting, calibration, equalization, alerts);
- configuration and management via the free Instrument Manager software;
- “Inclinometer function”, ideal for on-board weighing systems, compensates for the error due to the variation in the tilt of the weighing system.
It offers all the advantages and performances of an advanced digital weighing system using analog load cells, which allow lower costs and greater flexibility.
The core of the instrument is the electronic board, which acts as a multichannel transmitter. With its 8 independent channels it acts as a connection between the load cells and the weight indicator or between the load cells and the PC/PLC, facilitating operations such as installation, calibration, monitoring, and equalization.
The smart interface
CLM8 has a backlit alphanumeric LCD display and 4-key keyboard. The display is important because it provides all the information to manage the instrument and allows you to view the individual values of each channel per load cell.
Its magic lamp
The difference between the various versions lies in the presence or absence of the junction box containing the electronic board and in the material of which the box itself is made (steel or plastic).
Indeed, it is precisely this detail that best expresses its transformative soul. It allows it to change its look and appear in 5 different versions, depending on need and field of use.
▷ 3 versions of junction box, all with the IP67 protection rating:
- in AISI 304 stainless steel, the sturdiest, for the most demanding industries (food, chemical-pharmaceutical);
- made of polycarbonate with a transparent lid, to ensure quality and strength;
- made of ABS with a transparent lid, for a small footprint and big savings.
▷ 2 possibilities for those who already have their own box or need customized fitting:
- board only version
- board version with support for Omega/DIN rail mounting
All the versions are equipped with a surge arrester against lightning and electrical discharges.
A recognized talent
Over the years, thanks to its capabilities, CLM8 has earned internationally recognized certifications:
- approval for legal use according to NAWI directive 2014/31/EU (OIML R 76: 2006)
- EAC (Eurasian Conformity) eligible for export to the countries of the Eurasian Customs Union
- UL compliant with U.S. and Canadian regulations